Saturday, September 12, 2009

Zucchini Flan

Photobucket

I ate this in France, 2 weeks ago at a friend's house. It was sooo good! I'm crazy nowadays for any recipe that involves zucchini (note to self: ask for grandma's romanian zucchini stew recipe already!)
It has to be eaten with a slice of french baguette. It's so more delicate and it bring out the best of the flan!

I used:

150g creme fraiche
3 eggs
1 zucchini
150dl milk
1 garlic clove (optional)
nutmeg (optional)
salt

Photobucket

I washed and grated the zucchini. I sauteed it in a pan with a little bit of oil on high heat until they leave all the water, 5-10 min.

Photobucket

I beated the eggs, added the creme fraiche, milk, garlic and nutmeg. The last two are optional. The original recipe had them, but I had none at home when I made it, except for some garlic powder.

Photobucket

I added the zucchini.

Photobucket

The whole thing I poured it into a buttered baking pan and into the oven, 180 Celsius degrees for 45 minutes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Light, fluffy, delicious, french!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment