Sunday, July 5, 2009

Caesar's salad

Photobucket

There are so many variations of this recipe on the internet and even in cookbooks that it makes it practically impossible to say "yes, this is the original Caesar's salad recipe". But there are some key ingredients that are always used: roman salad, croutons, chicken breast, parmesan and of course the dressing. I've been a little bit lazy and bought the sauce and croutons from the supermarket, but it's so easy to make them and soon I'll do them both "home made".

Photobucket

I used (for 2 persons):
- 1 romaine salad
- 1 bag of croutons
- 2 chicken breasts
- 50g parmesan
- Caesar's salad dressing

The chicken breast I marinated in olive oil and spices and had it in the fridge for 20 minutes. Then I grilled it. The croutons, even if I bought them from the store, I spinkled some olive oil on, added some rosemary for flavour and saute in a pan to make them more juicy and crunchy.

Photobucket

I washed the salad, mixed it with the dressing and added the crutons. You need to work fast so that the sauce doesn't impregnates in the croutons and make them mushy... they need to stay crispy :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I arranged everything on a plate. First the salad, then the grilled chicken breast and I sprinkled minced parmesan on top.

Photobucket

I served them with Garlic bread, even though I didn't find it necessary because of the croutons. It was delicious and very refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment