Sunday, September 20, 2009

Spinach and Mushroom Quiche - my way

Photobucket

Now I do know that the quiche is based on a custard kinda dough, in different varieties. I used instead french dough and let me tell you that the result surprised me and that I recommend this recipe from all my heart.

Photobucket

I used:

- 200-250g fresh mushrooms
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 1 onion
- 4 eggs
- 100g creme fraiche
- 150g grated cheese
- french dough
- salt and pepper

Photobucket

In a pan I sauteed the chopped onion along with the chopped mushrooms (washed).

Photobucket

After around 5 minutes I added the baby spinach leaves. Leave them on until they become soft and the water evaporates.

Photobucket

I beated the eggs, added the creme fraiche and the grated cheese.

Photobucket

I added the sauteed veggies, salt and pepper.

Photobucket

In a buttered baking pan I put the french pastry.

Photobucket

Then I poured the whole mixture in.

Photobucket

I baked it in the oven, 180 Celsius degrees for around 35 min or until just set.

Photobucket

It was delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing! Thank you so much for inviting me :)

    ReplyDelete