Saturday, June 27, 2009

Warm bacon and asparagus sallad

Photobucket

This week-end we decided to not go out and have a candle light dinner instead. It was warm bacon and asparagus sallad (inspired from The Hungry Mouse) with rissoto and white wine :) What an inspired choice! Mmmm..!

I used:
15-16 pieces of asparagus
250g bacon
1 onion
the juice from 1/2 de lamaie
salt

Photobucket

In Sweden we have asparagus everywhere and you can find it in any colour. I don't buy the one in the jar, because I think it's too soft and it can get mushy. Instead I always take the fresh one.

I washed it and cut around 2 cm from the end, because they can be woody.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I cut the bacon in little pieces and fried it in a pan. There's no need to add extra oil because the bacon is fat enough and leaves a decent amount behind. Put the fried bacon on a paper towel to absorbe the exces fat.

Photobucket

In the same pan in the remaining fat from the bacon I sauted the chopped onion, 3-4 minutes. When it became transluced I added the chopped asparagus, stired and cooked for around 8-9 minutes on medium heat. I also added some salt.

Photobucket

I added the bacon and let all the aromas to mix together for 2-3 more minutes.

Photobucket

In the end I poured the lemon juice.

Photobucket

We devoured it with simple rissoto and white wine... plus the romantic candles.. incredible :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment