Monday, November 30, 2009

Kärleksmums



Some while ago, Salmi made "something sweet for the week-end". I liked it very much and I decided to try it as well. I wasn't disappointed!
In the magazine she found the recipe, the cake was called "MUMS med lyxtopp", but after my Swedish boyfriend saw it, he said: "But this is kärleksmums!" Translated as "Yummy love bites"
Here you can find the original recipe posted by Salmi on her blog.

I used:
- for the dough:
225 gr butter
3 eggs
4dl granulated sugar
6dl all purpose flower
1/2 dl cocoa
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
2dl milk
- for the topping:
100gr melted butter
5dl powder sugar
1/2 dl cocoa
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
2 1/2 tbsp strong coffee

For the dough, I mixed together the flower, cocoa, vanilla sugar and the baking powder.



I melted the butter in a saucepan and let it cool off. I beaten the eggs with the granulated sugar, until they became white and fluffy.



Over the mix of dry ingredients I added, alternatively, the melted butter, the eggs and the milk.



Pour the mixture into a pre-buttered pan.



Set the oven on 200 Celsius degrees and bake it for around 20-25 minutes. Feel free to use the toothpick test! Let it cool off.



With the topping it went extremely easy: just mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.





Pour the topping over the dough and cut it into small pieces.





It can be ornated with any kind of small bonbons, coconut flakes, small flakes of white chocolate.



It is a very easy to make delicious cake, and you can find it all around Sweden in different cake-shops!

2 comments: