Monday, June 29, 2009

Caramelized bananas with vanilla icecream

Photobucket

This recipe I took it from Gordon Ramsey's Cook along Live, and modified it a little bit. I just love the way the guy cooks and just speaks and act so nonchalant with everyone :)Simple and tasteful dessert!

I used:
2 bananas
1 cup of sugar
rom
cognac
vanilla icecream

Photobucket

I caramelized the sugar in a pan, until it became dark brownish. You need to be careful not to burn it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I cut the bananas in medium pieces, not too small because they shrink when heated. I added them to the caramel and stirred them on medium heat for around 2-3 minutes.

Photobucket

I poured the cognac and flambe. In the end i added the rom and stirred all ingredients.

Photobucket

I served it in martini glasses with vanilla icecream on top.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We ate veeery fast, so the icecream doesn't melt!

Photobucket

This is all that's left after a few minutes :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment