Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cheese and mushroom pies

Photobucket

I always liked and always will like pies. Any kind, shape or form of pies. Any flavour or filling. I can say I have a sweet tooth for pies:)Here is two, very simple to make.

I used:
- 2 eggs
- pastry
- 1 mushroom can
- 1 small onion
- 250g cottage cheese
- 50g feta cheese
- salt, pepper
- 50g cream or 50g natural yougurt
- oil or butter for frying

Photobucket

Cheese filling - I mixed the cottage cheese with feta and the egg and added salt.

Photobucket

Mushroom filling - I cut the onion and saute it in oil (or butter) until it becomes translucid and I added minced mushrooms. I fried the whole thing for about 5-7 minutes, then I added the yogurt/cream and salt and held them on medium heat for 3-4 more minutes.

Photobucket

I cut the pastry in two (you can make any shape and form you want) and put in the fillings. I greased both oh them with beaten egg and poked them with a tooth stick.

Photobucket

I preheated the oven at 200 Celsius degrees and put them in for about 20-30 minutes. You need to verify them from time to time so they don't get too brown or burn.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment