Sunday, July 5, 2009

3 kinds of mushroom pasta with white sauce

Photobucket

This recipe is very dear to me. In a period of time when BBC Food was still being broadcasted here, I was watching like mad Nigella Lawson. And I fell in love with this recipe. I remember I was almost drooling in front of the TV :) Anyway, I haven't written down the recipe, so I had to make it based on my exquisite memory :) But it still ended up as goos as I expected it to be!

I used:
- one pasta Barilla Penne
- 1kg mushrooms: chanterelle, champignons and porcini or any other mushroom of your choice
- 100g butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 300ml milk
- parsley
- parmesan
- salt and pepper

Photobucket

I washed, peeled and cut the mushrooms in small pieces. In a pan I melted the butter and added the mushrooms and a bit of salt and put it on medium heat. The mushrooms will appear dry at first but will eventually start to give off some liquid. After 5-10 minutes (depending on how much water is left) I added the minced parsley, stirring for about 10 more minutes.

Photobucket

In the meantime I made the white sauce. In a saucepan I melted the butter. I added the flour and stirred until it becomes like a paste. I removed the pan from the heat and whisked in the milk, then turned the heat back on to medium, and stirred until it began to thicken and come to the boil. I let it bubble for about 5 minutes to get rid of the floury taste and then removed it and added salt and pepper.

Photobucket

I boiled the pasta according to the instructions on the box. I turned the pasta in a large roasting pan, added the mushrooms, the sauce and the grated parmesan and mixed it all together.

Photobucket

I Baked for 30 minutes in the oven or until the top begins to turn golden in places,150 Celsius. I grated parmesan on top, after I removed it from the oven and sprinkled parsley. Extremely tasty and perfumed!

No comments:

Post a Comment