Sunday, July 5, 2009

Shrimp and avocado cocktail

Photobucket

After many researches, I found this way of making shrimp cocktail to be the one I like the most. It's extremely delicious, creamy, refreshing and perfect as an appetizer.

I used:
- fresh salad leaves
- 1 avocado
- 50g shrimps
- 50g prawns
- 1 lemon
- dill
- for the sauce: ketchup and mayo (50:50) and 1-2 tablespoons of cognac

The sauce is made by mixing the mayo with the ketchup and the cognac.. very simple.

Photobucket

I cut the avocado in half and took out the middle wooden part. I peeled it, cut it in little cubes and put it in lemon juice so it doesn't turn brown.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I mixed all the ingredients together, added the rest of the lemon juice and the dill and let it rest for a while so all the aromas blend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I served them in martini glasses because I thought it looked more funky :) but it can be served in small bowls or anything you have basically. I teared apart a few salad leaves and put in the glass. Then I added a good amount of the mixture and added more dill and a slice of lemon for the appearance factor:)

Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment