Monday, June 29, 2009

Stuffed peppers

Now and then I remember the dishes I used to eat when I was little, made by my mom or grandma... and especially stuffed peppers with cream! Mines did not end up exactly the same, a bit burned (very very little) and without the cream, but I can say they were pretty close for my first try. I followed the recipe from Sanda Marin.

I used:
6 peppers
500g minced meat (mix of pork and beef)
1 onion
1 cup of rice
1 egg1 slice of bread
dill
1 little cup of water
1 can peeled tomatoes
1 spoon of white flour
salt, pepper

Photobucket

I washed the peppers and sliced off the top with a knife. I hollowed out the inside and the seeds and added a pinch of salt to each.

Photobucket

I heated a little bit of oil in a pan and saute the chopped onions. When they start to get translucid, I added the rice and the water. I let them boil for about 20 minutes.

Photobucket

In a separate bowl I mixed the meat with the egg and dill.

Photobucket

I added the onions and rice, and the bread (which I previously put in water for it to become mushy), salt and pepper and mixed it all together.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I filled the peppers with this mixture.

Photobucket

The sauce: in a bowl i mixed the peeled tomatoes with the flour and some salt.

Photobucket

The peppers I arranged them in a baking pan and filled in the spaces with the sauce.

Photobucket

I baked them in the oven for about 1 hour at 180 Celsius degrees.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment