Sunday, July 5, 2009

Pasta with shrimps and gorgonzola sauce

Photobucket

I used:
- pasta (linguine)
- 5dl cream
- spring onion
- parsley
- thyme
- 150g gorgonzola cheese
- 150g shrimps
- 150g prawns
- olive oil, salt and pepper

Photobucket

I boiled the pasta al dente, in water with salt. I used fresh pasta, linguine, but any other kind of pasta will do.

The sauce: I put the cream and gorgonzola cheese in a pan and had it on medium fire until it starts to boil and the gorgonzola has melted. I added the spring onion, parsley and thyme, all chopped and minced, salt and pepper and held them on medium fire for 5-6 more minutes until the sauce starts to thicken. You need to stir now and then. You can also add a tablespoon of all purpose flour so it thickens faster.

Photobucket

The shrimps and prawns I tossed in a pan, in olive oil on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes or until they get a pinkish colour.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I mixed the pasta with the shrimps and prawns and the sauce and dinner was served!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment