Saturday, June 27, 2009

Lemon and lime tart

Photobucket

Recently I just discovered how to make Mojito cocktails :) And I bought huge amounts of limes.. so I had to do something with them. They have such a delicate and powerfull parfume, at the same time, in cocktails, they ahve to be amazing in tarts. I took the recipe from recepten.se, but I modified it a bit to suit my own style :)

Photobucket

For the dough:
300g white flour
2 spoons sugar
125g butter
1 eggyolk (or 2-3 spoons of water)
1tsp lemon and lime zest

For the filling:
3 eggs
200g sugar
2 spoons white flour
2 tsp vanilla sugar
200g cream
2 limes si 1 lemon

Photobucket

Before doing anything else, you need to peel the lemon and lime zest and let the butter to cool off at room temperature. It's easier to work with.

Photobucket

The dough - I mixed the butter with the sugar and the flour.

Photobucket

I added the lime and lemon zest and the eggyolk (or the water).

Photobucket

Photobucket

I put the dough in the tart pan (which I buttered first). The ingredients are for a 24 cm tart, but I used 2 smaller ones. I put them in the fridge for around half an hour.

Photobucket

The filling - things are easy here. I basically mixed all the ingrediens. The eggs with the sugar, I added the flour, vanilla sugar and the cream. I juiced the limes and lemon and added the juice to it too. Then I added the rest of the zest and mixed it all together. I filled in the little pans.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I put them in the oven, 200 Celsius for around 30 minutes. You need to check them out from time to time because it depends a lot on the oven. Mine for instance, it burns on one side, so I turned them around after 15 min.

Photobucket

They can be served simple, with vanilla icecream or with whipped cream. And a cup of nice and hot coffee :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment