Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tiramisu - classic

Photobucket



This desert doesn't need any introduction at all. It's one of the most known italian desert recipes and it's one of the most popular.
I used:



- savoiardi biscuits

- 2 eggs

- 250g mascarpone cheese

- 50g sugar

- espresso coffee

- cocoa for topping



Photobucket



I separated the egg yolks and mixed them with the sugar, until they become thick and foamy.

I whisked in the mascarpone cheese. Then I added to all this the stiffly beaten egg whites.



Photobucket



The biscuits are being dipped into espresso coffee. If you don't have espresso, you can use ness coffee.



Photobucket



On a large plate I layered the biscuits and I spread over half of the mascarpone cream.



Photobucket



Photobucket



I topped with a second layer of dipped savoiardis and cream.



Photobucket



I sifted cocoa powder over the whole dish and put it in the fridge for 2-3 hours.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment