Monday, June 29, 2009

Chorizo tortilla

Photobucket

I used:
3 potatoes
2 peppers
300g chorizo
7 eggs
1 onion
6-7 cherry tomatoes
olive oil
parmesan
100g warm water

Photobucket

Chorizo is a sausage original from Spain, and can be found in lots of varieties. I personally prefer the smoked version, because it resembles the sausages from Romania :)

I peeled off the potatoes and boiled them with a pinch of salt for 15-20 minutes. Then I cut them in small cubes. The onion, peppers and cherry tomatoes I chopped as well and sauteed in a pan with a little bit of olive oil on medium heat.

Photobucket

I added the potatoes and the sliced chorizo. My sausage was a bit too big so I cut the slices in 2 and sometimes in 4.

Photobucket

I added the beaten eggs, the water, salt and pepper and let it get a little crust 8-10 minutes.

Photobucket

Then I overturned the whole tortilla in a oil greased tray. You need to be careful not to break it...mine of course did break in the middle.. but I put the pieces together anyway :)

Photobucket

I sprinkled parmesan on top and put it in the oven, 180 Celsius degrees, until the omelet is done and the parmesan is melted.

Photobucket

I served it warm. I also made a fast salad, because I thought it can be a bit heavy for the stomach, but surprisingly it was incredible light!

No comments:

Post a Comment