Saturday, June 27, 2009

Strawberry Mascarpone Tart

Photobucket

Extremly easy to make and delicious tart. The secret, I would say, is the dough, crunchy and mild, sweet and a bit salty at the same time. I guarantee that everyone will be very impressed if you serve them a bit of this tart with a nice black coffee aside :)

Photobucket

For the dough I used:
125g butter
75g powder sugar
2 eggyolks
250g flour
2 water spoons (optional)

The eggs and butter needs to be at room temperature. I mixed the butter, cut in small cubes, with the powder sugar.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I added the eggyolks and the flour and worked the dough. If it's hard to work with, you can add the water.

Photobucket

I put the dough into a kitchen foil and into the fridge, for 2 hours.

Photobucket

In the meantime I prepared the filling cream:
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 35g powder sugar
- 200 ml cream (I took with vanilla aroma by mistake, bt it was good enough)

I mixed together the sgar and the mascarpone cheese.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Separatelly I whipped the cream and added it to the mascarpone mix.

Photobucket

After it's been in the fridge for 2 hors, the dough needs to be taken out and let to rest for around 30 minutes, otherwise it is too hard and impossible to work with. I layed it in a tart pan covered in baking paper. Before I pt it in the oven I stabbed it with a fork, so it doesn't bubble from the heat.

Photobucket

I put it in the oven, preheated at 180 Celsius ntil it turns golden (need to be checked so it doesn't get burned).

Photobucket

I let it to cool off and then poured the filling and added the strawberries on top. I didn't have fresh strawberries, so I used refrigerated one, but it worked fine.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We ate a bit imediatelly after I made it, but if you put it into the fridge and leave it there for a while before serving, it's heavenly! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment