Saturday, September 5, 2009

Chicken-celery salad with pineapple and curry

Photobucket

This salad is perfect as an aperitif, with bread as a sandwich or even simple, eaten from the bowl with a fork. It's one of my favourites from the "mayo salads" category.

I used:

2 chicken breasts
1 root celery
4-5 pineapple slices
curry
salt
125g mayonnaise
125g creme fraiche

Photobucket

From my little picture is missing the creme-fraiche. I just added it fifty-fifty with the mayo for a lighter version :)

I put the chicken breast to boil in water with salt. You can add a chicken Knorr cube for taste.
The celery I peeled it and grated. I cut the pineapple slices into small cubes.

Photobucket

For the sauce, I blended the creme fraiche with the mayo and added salt and curry. The quantity of curry depends from person to person. If you want a strong curry taste, you should add lots, as it is very goodand perfumed. If you want a more delicate taste, add just a little, because it brings the best out of the chicken and the celery.

Photobucket

Mix all the ingredients together with the sauce and it's done.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It needs to be left in the fridge for a few hours so all the ingredients absorb each other. It is a very refreshing, perfumed and easy to make salad :) Enjoy!

Photobucket

PS: I ate some of it with delicious ciabatta bread and fresh salad leaves!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment